After much analyzing I’ve finally finished my Top 5 list for 2014.
- It’s Okay, That’s Love (SBS) starring Gong Hyo Jin and Jo In Sung. This drama will forever be my top 1 drama. No matter other dramas that come and go, this one will forever be my favorite. So much emotion and love from everyone in this drama and the plot is unique and different. The OST ranks high as well in my favorites for 2014.
- Pinocchio (SBS) starring Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye. This drama hasn’t ended yet, but unless they pull a Bride of the Century twist at the end, this drama is promising me a good ending. The plot is also very well executed and a secret… anything with Park Shin Hye will score my top list 😀
- Doctor Stranger (SBS) starring Lee Jong Suk and Jin Se Yeon. This drama had me hooked in from the first episode. The plot was really good. The only thing that notched it to number 3 was too much twists and agony.
- Hotel King (MBC) starring Lee Dong Wook and Lee Dae Hee. This drama was such a melodramatic mess that I just couldn’t stop watching. It was good. It was sooooo melodramatic, but it was really well executed and the fact that all the cast did a good job in their roles took this drama to my number 4 spot.
- My Love From Another Star (SBS) is the romantic fluff I needed. It stars Gianna Jun and Kim Soo Hyun. Even though this drama aired in 2013, the drama came to an end in 2014. It was super cute and had a lot of kissing scenes.
If you’re wondering. The worst K-drama for 2014 – Bride of the Century.
I’d like to give honorable mentions to the Mini Drama Mimi (Mnet). It was a good short story that had me crying and Pride and Prejudice (MBC) for having a good and suspense filled plot.
What were you’re favorites?
I watched less drama this year, but i definitely agree with some of your choices.. I LOVE both It’s Okay It’s Love and Pinocchio (this one hasn’t finished yet, but I totally have faith with the writernim, so far so good, I believe she won’t disappointed us).
Other drama that I watched and I consider as GOOD are:
1. MISAENG, it’s about working people with realistic setting and problem, I love it so much, even I recommend it to my trainees, so that they can learn from the main character.
2. THE SECRET HOTEL, only for the 1-6 episodes in the beginning only, it kinda draggy in the middle to the end. They ruined a good show!